Re: Total recorder again

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:40:23 -0800

Hi,
I'm not aware of a specific setting for doing Internet streams, but I'm sure
there is one; I'll have to look into it and get back to you.  I've been using
Total Recorder standard for a couple of years now and, interestingly enough, I
think the default recording sorce may have been set to do live streams.  When I
find a live stream that I want to record, I launch it, alt-tab into the TR
window, hit record and I'm on my way.  Works great.

What I'd like to know is how to set it up to record from some sort of external
device like a USB turntable.  My girlfriend gave me an inexpensive USB
turntable, I think it's a Memorex,  for Christmas. It came with Audacity, and
no matter what I do, the signal going in is so hot that I can't get a recording
without distortion, no how, no way.  That's a drag, because I have loads of old
LP's that I'd like to record and turn into MP3's, stick them on my Victor and
run around with a pocket full of old favorites that I haven't heard in a long
time.  Any tips? Also, do I need the Pro version to remove the snap crackle
pop? Those records are old as the hills and probably twice as dusty. Thanks.
Tom