Re: Top and bottom of screen indication

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 21:45:26 -0400

Well Bobcat, Dana and Max and I have been corresponding privately about
this.
I will try to summarize what we found out.
To turn it off for most things, press insert V and toggle top and bottom
edge event alert to off.
This doesn't seem to work permanently everywhere.
So...
To turn it off for the desktop.
If you do go to the all users settings enu (explore shared settings).  Find
the file named
Windows OS.jcf  and open it in notepad.
After the first two comment lines (the ones that start with semicolons.  You
want to add two lines.

[options]
TopAndBottomEdgeAlert=0

Then save the file and restart jaws.
To turn it off in the default jcf file.
Go to the all users settings enu (explorer shared settings).
Find the file named default.jcf and open it in notepad.
Do a find for something like bottom and you will find a line that says:
TopAndBottomEdgeAlert=1
Change the 1 to a 0 and save the changes.
You might want to restart jaws to be sure it takes effect.
But...we have determined that a program's jcf file takes precedence over the
default.  SO you might need to check this in any application's jcf file that
the insert V doesn't work.
Then either add the line or if it is there change the value to 0.
Debbie

From: "Agent86b" <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>