Re: Too Many Numbers!

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:10:06 -0600

Okay.

    The five digit number will most likely be your serial number.  The
twenty digit thingy is your ILM authorization number.  You'll find this on
the inside cover of your JAWS package.  It's the same number.  By the way,
you're right, the quality of the Brailed on the cover really sucks!!!  The
locking code is used as a kind of finger print to identify your computer.
IF you put more memory in, you'll have to re-authorize; so says FS.  I just
installed a dru710a Sony DVD burner Which came with the full Nero burning
software.  I expected to be told by JAWS that I'd have to re-authorize; but,
I got no such alert.  The Nero I got is an OEM version; but, it works just
fine, so far as I've tried it thus far for making strait copies of CD's
going strait from disk to disk without cashing to the hard drive first,
Doing regular burns off the drive and so forth.  getting back on topic, I
hope that answered your question.

Sincerely,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

Home Phone and Fax: (985)853-0139