Re: To load or unload

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:19:10 -0800

Insert+F4 will unload JAWS in the "usual" manner.
Insert+Windows+F4 will strip JAWS out rudely and generate a debug file if
needed.

Also this command, if put into a desktop shortcut will kill JAWS pretty
quickly, especially if things are hung up:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\12.0\JFWKill.exe"

To load JAWS, if you've installed and have not changed anything, then
Ctrl+Alt+j will start JAWS again. But give it 10 to 30 seconds after any of the
above unloads before reloading, just to allow the computer to catch its breath.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.