Re: Tips to use ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Profesional Edition

  • From: "Negoslav Sabev" <negi4a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:21:30 +0300

Yes, it is friendly for jaws users.

Negoslav

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lic. Esperanza Villafuerte
  To: blcompusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:54 PM
  Subject: Tips to use ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Profesional Edition

  Hello listers!
  Can somebody tell me if Abby FineReader 9.0 professional Edition is friendly
to ScreenReader' users?  especifically with JAWS 9.0

  I am trying to improve my skills using this software.
  So, I already read the usersguide, but seems the experience for JAWS users is
really different.

  First of all,
   some questions:
  1.  What is the main difference between a pdf or pdf-a?
  2. how to select between them (pdf or pdf-a) using AbbyFineReader?

  3.  pdf-a is the only one result digitalizing with AbbyFineReader?

  For unknown  reasons, I can't modify documents in pdf-a format with
AdobeAcrobat8Pro, and most of its editing tools are disabled.

  I have an HP GetScann 2400 scanner, OpenBook 7.0, OmniPage15,
AbbyFineReader9.0ProfesionalEdition & AdobeAcrobat8.0Pro. running on this PC.

  Why?

  I use OpenBook to know quickly which is the contend in a print document
because, both OmniPage & AbbyFineReader are to slow.
  Because  OpenBokk doesn't allow me to save the document on a pdf format,  and
I need to proof read it keeping  the exact view, I.d prefer to use
AbbyFineReader to digitalize to pdf format.
  I failed using the OCR tool, I couldn't save my proofread work, also I
couldn't read the document before save it to word or to pdf format.

  Thanks a lot for any help!
  Esperanza