Re: Tip for Vista about shutting down

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:31:00 +0100

Ah,I don't have the problem now I'm using Vista, so to be honest i@m not bothered what it did with XP.

Whilst I knew about the sleep option, it didn't really sink in how you are supposed to use it instead of shutting down. With XP, using standby often caused problems so I just assumed not to use the sleep thing with Vista. But now I find it fantastic, just being able to press a button to turn off, and then press naother when I want to do something, and then getting an almost immediate response from the computer. Great.

Peter

From: "Liz Wade" <ewade@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:04:51 -0700
Subject: for the list but mainly the vista users

Hi Guys:

I have not switched to Vista yet but was thinking of doing so.
Is it that
much better than XP especially where Jaws is concerned; I'll be
sure and
check out those links described.

Liz Wade

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5/22/2007
3:49 PM

JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing
list:

or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the