Tip for Vista about shutting down

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:20:13 +0100

Ireally like Vista, and I do find it much more responsive. I never get that jerky sound with JAWS, I used to get with XP anymore, and things do open quicker.

One suggestion for everybody I didn't realize though.

When turning off the computer, don't shut it down, just put it to sleep. That is what you are supposed to do unless you are opening your computer for any reason, turning the power off, or your not going to use it for several days.

Once you put it to sleep, it goes in to hibernation after a while and doesn't use really any energy at all.

I've been shutting mine down, and most times doing that, it will tkae much longer than XP to boot. But you only use this in exceptional circumstances

Peter
From: "Liz Wade" <ewade@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:04:51 -0700
Subject: for the list but mainly the vista users

Hi Guys:

I have not switched to Vista yet but was thinking of doing so.
Is it that
much better than XP especially where Jaws is concerned; I'll be
sure and
check out those links described.

Liz Wade

Checked by AVG Free Edition.