Thoughts on JAWS 6

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:20:30 -0600 (CST)

Just some thoughts on JAWS 6. I'm using it at work, and it seems quite
snappy and responsive. I don't know when I'll get to use it at home. FS
did send me a rest code to fix the SMA issue, but now it's not recognizing
my authorization disk and who knows if FS is going to want to send me a
new one. I was disappointed to discover that FS has again omitted support
for the new DecTalk USB. Access Solutions told me they had submitted the
drivers to FS, they had been tested, and FS had said okay, but I guess
they forgot. All in all, if version 6 is as stable as it appears at first
glance, I'm happy.
Bruce

--
Bruce Toews