The high pitched announcements of Word page numbers and active links

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:19:24 -0800

Hi,

whoever recommended I go back to the Options menus under individual voices,
that wasn't  it. Just as I thought, that dialogue is really just for
assigning individual voices (Reed, Grandma, etc.) to various functions or
events if you care to.

and back in the global voices dialogue, the only thing about setting pitch
increments concerns capital letters.

I did look in the settings menu of Configuration Manager, but I couldn't
find any category that had anything to do with adjusting anything to do with
the voice output.

So I'm stumped. Looks like I'm just going to have to put up with Jaws
yelling at me every time I arrow up or down over a Word page break or
encounter somebody's email address or an active link within a document. It's
pretty loud, high and obnoxious.