Re: The Optacon wow! good explanation

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:07:19 -0700

Yeah, Telesensory made them.  Those are the same people who made the
VersaBraille and VersaPoint braille printer, among other things.  After Jim
Bliss retired and left TSI, they sold all their "blindness" products to
Blazie Engineering, before Blazie got merged into Freedom Scientific.  I
have a love-hate relationship with them.  They made some incredible stuff in
their time.  Now, they just sell closed circuit TVs.  I don't know if they
still sell their scanner reading system.

I'm trying to get information on Optacon users, and noticed another email
with that subject.  Thanks for offering that.

Francis