Re: The Optacon wow! good explanation

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:31:13 -0700

Hi Cy,

I evaluated a job with U.S. Customs.  It was in their communications
department in downtown Los Angeles.  The major part of the job was to read
faxes from other centers and type reports.  The fax copy was so horrible and
it was all handwritten.  Nightmare!  While we were there, a drug bust
happened, so we had to leave.

But it is so true about the Optacon being able to do almost anything.  A
friend of mine use it to make her handwritten name better.  Judith Dixon of
the National Library Service can really read fast with it.  At work, I have
a D model and the friend I mentioned earlier has her C model.

I don't know anyone who has the Optacon 2, though.  I never cared for it,
although some parts of the design were really nice.  For example, it had a
rechargable and removable battery, and you could disconnect the camera
cable.

Francis