Re: Text Messenging with Jaws

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:06:22 -0500

Hi. The closest thing to this is instant messaging, and that's very different than text messaging that you would do on a cell phone. Of course there are the really popular Instant messaging clients like aol instant messenger, windows live messenger, and Yahoo! Messenger. I've found that the recent versions of Windows Live, and aol are very screenreader friendly, while Yahoo! messenger wasn't very much so. I had trouble with it, and I've been using it for a while. Text messaging like that you would find on a cell phone is a whole other concept, and since it doesn't have much to do with JAWS I won't go into it here.

At 06:43 PM 4/3/2007, you wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to send and receive text messenges on a computer that also
works with Jaws?

Thanks

http://www.eset.com