Re: Text Editors that work best with Jaws?

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:46:15 -0500

Brandon:

when you enter the "English" folder, if "Notes" is the first item in the list,
Tap the SPACE BAR instead of pressing the letter N.

By pressing the letter N instead of tapping the SPACE BAR, Windows ignores the
first item in the list and looks for the next item in the list that begins with
that letter.  If the first item windows finds in the list, is a file, not a
folder, windows changes the text in the "file Name" edit box to reflect the
selected item in the "List" of files and folders.

This is why you are having to tab to the "File" edit box in order to enter the
correct name you want to give the file before saving it.

A great example of wonderful Microsoft logic for you!

  HTH

  Sincerely:

  Dave Durber