Re: Tearring my hair out over earthlink.

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:25:37 -0500

Hi, Debbie.  Earthlink is notorious for allowing messages supposedly from
Earthlink to get through spam settings.  The messages basically say that if you
don't go up to a web site and update your account, or do whatever, you're going
to be suspended or cancelled.  These messages are fake.  Those are fisher
emails sent to try to get your personal information.  If you get a message and
don't know if it's real or not, call Earthlink directly.  Yes, it can take some
time to get someone on the phone, but in the end it's better than you
unknowingly giving out your personal information.  That's one of a couple of
reasons that I switched from Earthlink to Roadrunner.

Caroline