Re: TaxActs 2008 Scripts for JAWS

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:28:48 -0600

Dave,
As an update to a previous message, I installed the 2008 copy of TaxAct the other day. Unfortunately, I found that the simple modifications to existing scripts that I've made in the past are insufficient to make them work with the 2008 version of TaxAct. It will take someone with more extensive scripting experience to do the job. The user interface has changed just enough to keep JFW from recognizing various controls in the program. Tabbing to what should be a button, for example, results in nothing being spoken.

I have made requests on both the JAWS Scripts list and the GW Micro list for scripting help. I'm not interested in being a "proud JAWS user;" I just want something that works.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>