Synthesizer Issues

  • From: "James Dean" <professordean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:28:09 -0500

Hello all. Need some help here. I was recently able to obtain both the 8 HZ
versions of the Mike and Crystal AT&T Natural Voices, as well as the 16 HZ
version of Crystal. I'm having some problems with them and I can't figure out
what is causing them. The 16 HZ Version of Crystal is really high-pitched and
squeaky, just as it would be if you were to push the speed slider on a library
of congress tape player, except that the rate is at a rate that a normal human
can understand. I am using JAWS6.0 and I looked in both the individual and
global voice adjustment dialogs, but I can't find any way to change the pitch
or anything. Also, I have noticed that after a while the 8HZ versions of both
Mike and crystal start to clip, as in read only 1 or two words on a line, and
there's no way that I can get it to say anymore unless I restart the computer,
because whenever I try to unload JAWS and restart it, it doesn't seem to want
to come up.

Any Help would be very much appreciated!

James

MSN/Windows Messenger: jamesdean504@xxxxxxxxxxx Skype: semajd