RE: Synthesizer Configuration Data

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:39:01 -0500

Just as a matter of information, the inside of the JFW.INI file is
indeed interesting.
Apparently, the "none" or "no synthesizer" is always shown in the INI
file.  That is probably a pretty good idea.
What I also discovered is that the INI file apparently has no flag to
identify it as the default synthesizer.  Instead, the order in which the
synthesizers are listed apparently determines which is the default
synthesizer, with the first listed being the default synthesizer.
I figured out  that I needed COM 3.  I made the necessary changes, and
now, all is well.
Thanks to David and Steve!

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.