Re: Success with Neospeech and Microsoft voices and jaws

  • From: mciarcie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:43:02 -0400

Hi Lyn where were you able to obtain the real speech voices?

Michael Ciarciello
Computer Services/Services informatiques
Montreal Association for the Blind/Association montr=E9alaise pour les
aveugles
Tel: (514) 489-8201 # 1014
Fax/T=E9l=E9copieur: (514) 489-3477

                                                                       =
                                           =20
                                                                       =
                                           =20
                                             From:  "Lynn Williams" <m.=
l.williams@xxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org      =20
                                          Sent by: jfw-bounce@freelists=
.org                                       =20
                                                 To:  <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxx=
g>                                         =20
                                         cc:     (bcc: Michael Ciarciel=
lo/MAB/Reg06/SSSS)                         =20
                                         Subject:     Success with Neos=
peech and Microsoft voices and jaws        =20
                                                                       =
                                           =20
                                                        13/09/2004 05:1=
5 PM                                       =20
                                                        Please respond =
to jfw                                     =20
                                                                       =
                                           =20
                                                                       =
                                           =20

Hi y'all,
Well, I unloaded Jaws after changing to the Sapi engine then re-loded i=
and
went to the Jaws main window and went to set options then voices and ch=
ose
to change all the voices.  Now, all the voices for Microsoft Mary,  Mik=
and
some other guy plus the neospeech voices were there.  I did find that w=
hen
using the neospeech voices there was a definite lag in speech when tabb=
ing
throu the different options.  I don't like to wait so I chose the micro=
soft
mary voice and it seems to be good enough.  I just played around with t=
he
pitch a bit and it sounds very good.  I am going to definitely have to =
do
some editing of the jaws dictionary manager unless someone can tel me a=
 way
to get it to pronounce things the same way it did when I used eloquence=
.

Thanks and I highly recommend this over Eloquence if you don't like the=

male
voice.

Regards,
Lynn

.

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, o=
the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather con=
tact

=