Re: Strange problem with jaws.

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 07:40:53 -0700

MessageMike,

Eloquence uses the wave output, just as your computer sounds do. I suspect that
if you can hear the computer sounds then it is not muted and therefore not your
problem.

What is the default synthesizer JAWS is using on startup?

Have you tried the Ins+Ctrl+s to change to SAPI 5 speech to see if Microsoft
Sam comes up?

Dave