Re: Strange problem when I try to shutdown Windows with any version of JAWS!

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:51:54 -0500

I have that trouble sometimes, more at work than here and it seems it might
be related to the network but I am not sure. It is a Jaws related issue in
that it is not obvious in Jaws just what programme is always doing this,
sometimes I know it is Windows Explorer which I never use but my part-time
assistant I think uses a lot. Other times I don't know what is doing it. On
this machine at home Win98  it often hangs a very long time before closing
down. At work there is a Claritel Gateway application which runs the I P
telephone which, if not closed first will hand the machine, possibly for
ever but certainly over a week-end.

There is probably something running, maybe a connection thread to AOL which
is not releasing control.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!