Re: Stopping Audible Manager play with Jaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:57:34 -0800

I'm afraid this doesn't work for me as you describe.  By the way, I never
was trying to get to the Audible Manager menus, and don't know why you
mention them.  In any case, I can put the player on Pause  (which you're
calling *stopping play*, I think)and then open the Files menu just by
hitting the alt key as you might do at any time, without bothering with the
tab key or shift tab (just a circular pattern, so it doesn't matter which
direction you go in).  But if your idea was to have me open the Files menu
and find a control there for stopping (as opposed to just pausing) play,
there isn't anything related up there except for a Play command, witch Jaws
reports as being grayed out or unavailable.  I tried all this a few times,
having to exit and relaunch audible manager and start fresh each time I did
it,  Usually I wind up stuck tabbing between two buttons or something, one
called player control and the other saying "application."  Back and forth.

But if I just kept opening the files menu and closing it again, including
hhearing "system" at some of these times rather than "files," then tabbing
around a few times, eventually for no reasons I could keep track of I'd wind
up in the Library tree view, from which I could tab into the program files
list view, and be back in business.  But each time I managed this, I
couldn't remember for the life of me in what order I had pressed which keys.
It makes no sense to me.

Anyway, I'm glad it works for you, what you described.  Thanks for your
response.

If I close the menu by pressing Alt again, and press Tab, I come to one stop
ealted asuing ermanently (rather than temporarily)open the Files menu, which
I think is what you're talking about, without