Still about entering the pin number

  • From: "Stefano Manzi" <st.manzi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:42:37 +0200

Hello folks. yesterday at 11 here in Italy, I phoned the customer care service
of ING Direct, also called in Italian "conto arancio".
As I asked info about existing alternative methods for typing the pin code
digits in a different way rather than letting others clicking with the mouse,
the employee forwarded me the developers' answer.
Being Java the system currently used for that web page, it is impossible to
convert digits into normal clickable buttons reachable by pressing the B key or
routing JAWS to PC cursor.
In addition, she said: this problem is well-known and I cannot exclude our web
page  creators will soon modify the site's behaviour.

Well, here in Italy we have the OSI commission, whose members' task is to
collaborate together with the Blind Italian Union for observating Internet
sites.
In these days I'll write an e-mail with this same speech to our Italian yahoo
groups: listabit, uictech and uic-helpexpress.
If in your countries there are people with same tasks of the Italian OSI
commission, please try to contact your local seat of ING Direct because it
would be seriously important to solve this problem worldwide.

To finish this message, I'd like to inform you that OSI commission members
every year leave by plane from Naples flying to Redmond for a meeting with
Microsoft, hoping in continuous JAWS improvements and enhancement.

Just a last question: am I the only one European user to write in this list?

Best regards

Stefano