re: Spybot 1.4

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 05:12:38 -0400

Christopher,

Excuse me, but nothing I wrote regarding the use of Spybot or AVG Anti-virus
programs was misleading or incorrect.

I was accurate when I told John that Spybot has an installation option that
makes it accessible to screen-readers. I also accurately stated that Spybot was
not designed to be an anti-viruse program, but it is for detecting spyware. The
only mistake I made was to compare Spybot against the AVG anti-virus program
instead of the anti-spyware program that AVG also markets.

I was also accurate when I instructed John to go into Control Panel and click
on "Add or remove programs" and to arrow down the list to see if Spybot was
still installed in his system. I just checked this in my computer, and Spybot
1.4 is indeed in the list.

Regards,
Alan

Christopher wrote in part:
Sorry to have a go at you Alan, but please try and get your facts right
before posting. You never know, you could be straying a novice user, for
example, off to somewhere they'll get completely lost. Thank you, and
hope that helps John.