Re: Spell Check Not Working with Jaws

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:22:24 -0500

Someone did post an answer, just last week -- G.W. Cox, quoting Debbie Scales, copied below. But note that Katherine said she originally had spell-checker. The problem was that she'd lost it. Perhaps the tools checkbox is her answer.

From the programs page at www.jfwlite.com we find
"Spell Checker For OE This is a free program, I made to allow people to use Spell Checker in Outlook Express. This is a stand alone application, that incorporates in Outlook Express. The purpose of this program, is to supply for free the ability to use Spelling in OE, without the need to purchase other software, such as MS Word,Works, or Office" This is at

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

From: "Katherine Schulz" <katherineschulz6266@xxxxxxx>

When I went to use spell check last night, when I pressed f7 nothing happened other than Jaws saying f7. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong and how to fix the problem? It happened in OE and I am using Jaws 6.0 and Windows XP home.

Katherine