Re: Speeding up jaws on the fly

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:59:24 -0800

Ron,
Although this isn't quite what the man wanted (he just wanted to know how
you turn off your temporary speed-up or slowdown and regutnr exactly the
usual speed you've set in the Jaws menus), I have one thing to add.  It's
true, as you say, that page up and page down increase and decrease speed
while Jaws is speaking, either in say line or say all.  But even when Jaws
isn't currently speaking, you can increase speed by pressing control alt
page up, or decrease speed by pressing control alt page down, and the next
time you issue a command to read, it'll be accordingly faster or slower.
Experiment to see how it works, and how many presses of this key combo seem
to increase or decrease speed as much or as little as you prefer.  Just so
you know.

I just realized that your final comment below might mean that you
misinterpreted the issue, here.  don't worry.  Nothing has changed.  This is
just about a keystroke combination to reset the speed to the default
setting.  Not a way to speed up or slow down.  Hope that helps.

Need more coffee.  Should've realized where you were coming from quicker.
sorry.
Daniel