RE: Speaking Row and Collumn Titles In Excel

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:58:35 +0100

You can set Jaws to automatically read row and/or column titles as
follows:

1. Place the cursor in the cell where the row and column titles
intersect ie cell A1 if column a contains the row titles and row 1
contains the column titles

2. Press Insert v to open the Jaws verbosity dialog

3. Arrow down to "Title Reading", then use the space bar to toggle to
your choice of read column titles/read row titles/read both

4. Down arrow to "Set Column title row range" and press space bar to set
it

5. Down arrow to "Set Column title to row range" and press space bar to
set it

6. press enter to save settings and exit Verbosity dialog

Now as you move through you sheet, titles will be read as you move your
cursor around.

Cheers
Chris Mullins

Application Developer

First Data Nottingham (EH2C)
Embankment House | Electric Avenue | NOTTINGHAM | NG80 1EH (NG2 1RU for
Sat Nav)

T:0115 883 5751

Mailto:Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx