Re: Sound Cards And Sound channels

  • From: Chris Cant <christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:15:35 +0000

Hi there Steve,
you've given yourself the answer, because of the wave control in play back
only has one sound volume control you can't expect it to control all
sources individually. another sound card is the answer I'm afraid...

Regards

Chris Cant.

At 07:59 01/12/2004, you wrote:
>hello friends,
>I would be very surprised if there is a solution to this but someone one
>may be able to help?
>
>Here is my problem.
>
>I have a MS-Windows XP SP2 system running JAWS 51 and
>Eliquence.  Eliquence goes through my sound card as normal.
>I also have a USB T.V. tuner which runs through the sound card for
>output.  When I control the T.V. tuner volume, it also changes the JAWS
>volume as well which is not really what I want as I would like JAWS to be
>louder than the T.V. for example so I can listen to the T.V. in the background.
>the sound card is an on-board one but should be quite a good one, it can
>do 5.1 speakers etc.
>
>does anyone have any suggestions on how I can separate the sound channels
>up please?  I saw a SWSynth volume control slider in the Control Panel,
>sound properties but this didn't really seem to make any difference.
>I don't really want to go down the route of a second sound card for JAWS
>unless I really have to.
>
>Steve.
>

>--

>This email and all attachments have been electronically scanned by Kingston
>Communications' email Anti-Virus service and no known viruses were detected.

Would you like to join us in our new access group? are you a beginner and
just learning access technology?
Are you an  access trainer? Can you help us here,
  Would help and a good friendship group  suit your needs? Then come and
join us, speak to us in a voice chat environment? Give help and receive it
too, come one come all help is just a voice chat room away on
www.tafn.org.uk
with our ventrilo service
Regards

Chris Cant