Sound Cards And Sound channels

  • From: "Steven Hicks(CITS)" <citsengtwenty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:59:43 -0000

hello friends,
I would be very surprised if there is a solution to this but someone one may be
able to help?

Here is my problem.

I have a MS-Windows XP SP2 system running JAWS 51 and Eliquence.  Eliquence
goes through my sound card as normal.
I also have a USB T.V. tuner which runs through the sound card for output.
When I control the T.V. tuner volume, it also changes the JAWS volume as well
which is not really what I want as I would like JAWS to be louder than the T.V.
for example so I can listen to the T.V. in the background.
the sound card is an on-board one but should be quite a good one, it can do 5.1
speakers etc.

does anyone have any suggestions on how I can separate the sound channels up
please?  I saw a SWSynth volume control slider in the Control Panel, sound
properties but this didn't really seem to make any difference.
I don't really want to go down the route of a second sound card for JAWS unless
I really have to.

Steve.