Re: Sorry but lost it!

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:37:27 -0700

Hi Mark,

You can unload JAWS with JAWS Key+F4.  The sleep mode functionality is
available as a configuration option on a program by program basis.  If you want
to do this:

1.  Open the program for which JAWS should go to sleep.
2.  Press JAWS Key+6 for the Configuration Manager.
3.  Press alt+s for the Settings menu.
4.  Press a for the Advanced dialogue.
5.  You're on the check box to enable sleep mode.  Press space bar to enable.
6.  Optionally, press tab and the space bar to also unload the synthesizer.
Not usually recommended.
7.  Press enter to dismiss the dialogue with the changes intact.
8.  Press CTRL+S to save the changes for the program in question.