RE: Some questions about Firefox

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 22:34:06 -0500

I use JAWS 11, and my OS is XP, like yours.

You mention speed. I suspect at least four elements determine a browser's
speed: the browser itself, the ISP, JAWS and your computer's processor. My
first experience with Firefox was also unfavorable,but then Firefox became
both accessible and faster on my system. However, the speed advantage for me
has gone back to IE8. The change I made that you don't appear to have is
switching ISPs, but perhaps there is some other factor at work.

I have solved my IE crashing problem by being careful to limit the number of
IE pages I have open  at any one time. My system doesn't crash when there
are two, three or even four pages open, but at some point after that things
fall apart.

I find I use Firefox when IE8 doesn't do what I need. Yadiel alerted you to
Webvisum, which is the single best reason to use Firefox. It solves the
CAPTIA problem that bedevils the online experience of visually impaired
computer users.

  _____