Re: Some questions about Firefox

  • From: "Yadiel Sotomayor" <yadosotomayor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:49:53 -0400

?The latest version of firefox is 3.6.12. There's a 4.0 in beta form, but
haven't tried it since I don't know if the add-on I have on firefox will work
on it yet. In my opinion, is a lot better than IE8 will ever be. IE9 is a whole
nother matter, but since you said you have XP, I won't go into details.

Firefox 3.6.12 works beautifully with jaws. I use it to navigate facebook and a
whole of "fancy" sites like you mentioned. No problems at all. Firefox used to
crash around once a couple of weeks on XP, but since I upgraded to win 7, I had
no problems.

I don't like add-ons. But I have one that any blind person shouldn't be
without. It is called websome. It solves capchas without sighted assistance.
You just press a keystroke and it will do the rest. When it is done, it will
say, "capcha contents has been added to the clipboard". You just paste whatever
websome gave you on the editbox and 99.9 percent of the time the capcha is
correct.

I really like firefox, but since I upgraded to IE9 I have been forgetting about
it. IE9 is 10 times better than IE8 and since my university's website doesn't
open on firefox, I am using IE a lot more. But you will have no problems with
firefox.

HTH

Yadiel