Re: Smart Tags

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:37:29 -0800

Hi Jack,

You will need to go to the Format pull-down men with Alt O.  Then go to Auto
format with the letter A.  Press tab to get to the Options button and then
press it with Enter or space bar.

Press Control Tab once to get to the Smart tags page.  The dialog box is now
labeled AutoCorrect, but it's where you need to be.  The first option is
called "Label text with smart tags.  It will be checked.  Press space bar to
uncheck it.  Press tab to get to the next check box, labelled "Show smart
tag action buttons."  Make sure this check box is not checked.  Press tab to
get to the OK button, and press Enter.  Exit the dialog box by tabbing to
the Close button.  It should work for you.

I know what you mean about the Smart tags making it difficult to work
through a document with JAWS.  Plus, I really don't use smart tags, so have
turned off the function.

Francis