Slow PC - Norton/Jaws Problem?????

  • From: "Jeff Bohrman" <jeffjaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 19:44:45 -0500

Hello All:

I use computers here at home and one at the office with approximately same
specs such as 1.8 GHZ - office has only 128 MBK RAM and here at home it has
256 MBK RAM.  Office - Win 2000 and home Win XP Home Edition.  Office -
Office 2000 and Home Office 2002.

But the home computer runs much, much slower than the one at the office
especially when I use MS-Word????  Someone said that Norton tends to slow
down things in front of JAWS.  I don't use Norton at the office and it works
so much faster - of course, the system has AVP.

Should I consider different anti-virus program for home use?

Thanks!

Jeff