Slightly OT - JAWS voices

  • From: "Nikki B." <texaspawprints@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:51:03 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have a question which is kind of JAWS related but not completely. If you
would like to respond privately, please feel free to do so. My e-mail is
texaspawprints@xxxxxxxxx

Anyway, my question is this. I know my JAWS 11 CD has the various voices on
it. Is there a way to just get one or all of the voices downloaded to a
computer for use with w'indows applications without loading JAWS on the
computer?  My daughter is quite the little novelist and also slightly
dyslexic. She uses a program to read her stories aloud so she can see how
they sound. The only voice she has on her computer is Microsoft Sam which is
just awful in my opinion. She is dealing with it but I thought it would be
nice for her to be able to use one of the Real Speak voices or something
similar.

If the voices cannot be used without JAWS being installed, is there anywhere
she can download some more natural sounding voices to use without it costing
an arm and a leg?  Any info about this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Nikki B.

Alternative archives located at: