Re: Silent desktop sounds

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:10:05 +0100

Marsha, check to see if screen echo is not set to none, otherwise JAWS won't
read anything in lists, for example. To change this temporarily, press
insert+s. If you want to change it permanently:
1. Open up Configuration Manager with Insert 6.
2. I'll assume you want this to apply to all applications, so press shift
control d to open the default configuration file.
3. Press alt s to open the set options menu, then press u on user options. The
user options dialogue box appears.
4. Tab to the echo group of radio buttons, and make sure that highlighted text
is checked.
5. Press enter. The user options dialogue box closes.
6. Press control s to save your configuration.
7. Close Configuration Manager.
Hope that helps.
Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower user