RE: Silent desktop icons

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:21:05 -0500

Hi. I've slightly modified the subject line for what i hope is a little clarity. Marcia, when you are focused on the desktop what does JAWS say initially? In other words, when you press your tab key and you place JAWS's focus on the desktop, it will say something like desktop, list view, my computer. 1 of 5. and if you use your arrow keys, JAWS will read the desktop icon it is focused on. I'm just thinking it might be a simple focus issue. Also, when you press windows m, which *should* take you to the desktop, and you press insert plus t to read the window title, what does JAWS say then? If you hear something like, no window is active, you might need to press your tab key until JAWS actually announces that it's on the desktop. I don't know if any of that will help. But from my experience, listening very carefully to what JAWS is telling you can sometimes help to figure out what it's doing if it acts funny.

        At 11:05 AM 9/18/2007, you wrote:
What are your display settings? and did you make sure the video chaining manager was relinked to your video driver?