Re: Should I upgrade to Jaws 11?

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 05:57:01 -0700

Hi,
I'm using Jaws 11 on my Dell home PC running XP Pro and on my Toshiba laptop
running Windows 7 Home Premium.  In both cases, I've got pplenty of processor
power and lots of RAM. Jaws 11 is running just fine.

On the other hand, I am experiencing problems on my work machine running XP
Pro.  It's a Gateway with a slower processor and only a gig of RAM. On this
machine, Jaws gets sluggish or goes quiet while I'm in Word or Outlook 2007. I
don't necessarily blame it on JAWS 11, though. I think the Office 2007 and JAWS
11 combination is more than that system can comfortably handle.

Tom