RE: Settings for IE8

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:12:10 -0500

One difference is the time saved in loading and closing tab pages. Each time
you open a new IE window, you're also loading IE. With IE8's tab feature,
you're working with a single use of IE no matter how many webpages you open.
so the only time involved is for the new page to open.

Also, you can choose between opening a new webpage in the same window with
enter and using control-enter to open a new webpage without starting a new
IE window. I don't recall if this was new with IE8, but it was new to me.
It's a very useful feature that enables you to control just how many
webpages you have open at one time.

  _____