RE: Setting Up Mcafee Security Center to Get Rid of Computer Unprotected Message

  • From: "PatWJL" <PatWJL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:45:49 -0500

Ray,

As probably everyone on the list knows, McAfee is a pain to use, but it can
be done with the jaws cursor. Here are some tips.

- On the security center there is a help icon near the top right; click it.
The help system will open in a new window and is the more accessible
treeview-based help system.

- The "not fully protected" message may just mean that a setting is turned
off. The dialog should offer an option to "fix" the problem; or "ignore" it.
But the latter option is buried in the security center windows.

- The security center dialog has a left and right pane; with the right pane
providing detailed info. I would suggest restricting the cursor to the
current window to read each pane as desired.

- There is a button toggle at the bottom of the left pane to move between
the "Basic" and "Advanced" windows.

- There is usually a "Configure" option in the left pane that will activate
another dialog related to the particular topic.

Sorry that I can't be more specific on some of these options. I have been
using McAfee for a couple of years now and have not had to configure it for
quite a while.

HTH
Pat