Re: Setting OE to automatically clean up Deleted Items folder upon Exit

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:49:56 -0700

This is confusing, what you're saying.  It seems like a non-sequitur.  But
let me say this.  I have created a number of subfolders under my Inbox
folder, and although I don't have them routed there automatically as they
come in, as some people like to do (that's what they're talking about when
they talk about "rules"), let's say a message comes into my inbox, and it's
some great information I know I'll like to see later from this list.  What
do I do?  I just close the message (hit escape), then press control shift V
(a common Windows command for moving files and such), navigate in the
dialogue that appears to my Jaws subfolder under Inbox, then hit Enter.  The
message goes in there, and I can go look at it again any time I like.  Of
course, I could just have left it in the primary Inbox folder, too.

What I'm wondering, is, what does this have to do with the questions about
deletion?  You don't have to delete anything in the first place.  Do you
know you can just close an email that you've opened by hitting Escape, and
then do anything you want with it?  I suspect that there may be a lot of
people here who don't know that, and think you're  obligated to press delete
within an open message in order to close it an go to the next message.
That's just a _convenience_ feature when you want it, not the standard or
mandatory way to handle the messages in your inbox.
Sop See what I'm saying?