Re: Seeking JAWS Documentation to Help Sighted Instructor Learn

  • From: <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:12:18 -0400

It would be best to teach basic windows keyboard commands rather than screen
reader specific commands.  Because the students would be able to use any screen
reader rather than being tied to Jaws.  Should they encounter a computer which
uses another screen reader they would be able to use it.    Jaws itself has
tutorials built in to it.  I have never used these so I can't tell you how good
they are.  But, there is a fine lady who teaches screen reading.  She
integrates windows screen reading commands with the instruction of the two
major screen reading commands.  Her web site is
www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com
She sells tutorials.  They are very fine as well.  She has certified
instructors whom  she trained which can be gotten should your friend need
further assistance.