Seeking JAWS Documentation to Help Sighted Instructor Learn

  • From: Ray Campbell <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:59:07 +0000

Hello:

Our Seniors Program Manager, who is new to the Chicago Lighthouse and sighted,
wants to be able to learn enough about JAWS so she can teach at least the
basics of how to use it to go on the internet, get e-mail, and use Microsoft
Word.  What documentation would people recommend she study to learn JAWS,
especially the keyboard commands?  I've shown her how to use insert-1 to toggle
on and off keyboard help, and how to use insert-W in any program to get a list
of keyboard shortcuts.  Any other ideas or documentation suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Instructor, Seniors Program
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
312.666.1331 Ext. 3083
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.chicagolighthouse.org