RE: Script Set Synthesizer Wanted.

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 06:34:02 +1000

Hi Deb,

Yes, the cleanest way to switch synths to the eloquence would be to put code
in the AutoFinish event of Each application but I could see that getting a
bit tedious.   I wouldn't put any code to set synths in the default focused
changed event.  You might get jaws changing to eloquence unexpectedly.  The
other solution you could try is writing code to switch to eloquence in the
default AutoStart Event.  This would set the synthesiser to eloquence every
time you started jaws or when you alt+tabbed out of an application.
However, if it were me, and I had a toggle synth keystroke, I'd just toggle
back to eloquence that way rather than trying to get jaws to do it
automatically.  The other thing you could do to make it completely by user
choice is on the second press of the switchSynth script is to load the
user's desired default synthesiser such as eloquence.  Now that wouldn't  be
exactly automatic but it would be easy for the user and it would mean they
could switch to eloquence any time they wanted to on a press of a hotkey
without having to toggle through all of the synths just to get to eloquence.
E.G., my hotkey to toggle synths might be JawsKey+Control+s, each time I
press that key combination, I would cycle through all of available installed
synthesisers.  Now pressing that Jaws+Control+s twice quickly would load my
default Synthesiser such as Eloquence.

BTW, I'd be interested to have a look at your script.  Cheers,

David Truong

E-mail and MS messenger:  davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skype:  blindboxer1967

Home Page:  http://members.optusnet.com.au/davidtruong/