RE: SP2 & Jaws Repair

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:17:26 -0400

Someone pointed out, and this sounds reasonable to me, that you only
have to do this if you happen to be behind in your video driver updates
(and there have been a few for xp); in that case, since the currently
available version of sp2 contains *every* xp update to date, you will
receive a video driver update, which will force you to reinstall the
jaws video intercept.

You should be able to predict this by checking to see if the windows
update feature shows that you have a pending video driver update.

It may be if you wait for the version that's "trickled" out to ordinary
users, instead of using the corporate update version, you may not have
to do this since they may not include hardware updates when done that
way.

Hth,

Chip

=20