Re: SP2

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:00:12 -0700

When you update to 5.1 you'll notice jaws won't tell you if a message in
outlook has an attachment.  Check the list archives for the fix on that
one but I believe it was decided you just have to set the verbosity to
show all graphics or show labeled graphics.  I'm forced to use blotus or
um .. lotus for email at work, 5.1 produced some annoyences, not reading
the edit fields when composing.  You probably don't have to wory about
that, but thought I'd point it out.

"Rhonda Selby" <earthmagic7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/25/2004 03:40 PM
Please respond to jfw

        To:     <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        SP2

Hi all,

I just joined the list. I live in Michigan.

I updated my XP to SP2 a couple of weeks ago and it made some weird stuff
happen. I'm
not all that brave when it comes to changing settings and such, but when
the strange
things started cropping up, like my OE opening the messages in the subject
line
instead of the body of the message, the links in emails becoming nonlinks,
and
Outlook Express remaining maximized, no matter what I did, I did a system
restore to
uninstall SP2 and have things as they were.

I've since gotten some tips on how to fix these minor annoyances, so I
think I'm
ready to update soon. Did anyone else have any problems with the update? I
have XP
home edition, by the way, and JFW 5.0.

Also, is there anything in particular I should know before updating my JFW
to 5.1?

Rhonda