re: SMA; was RE: is anyone happy

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:45:50 -0400

Chip,

I agree with your comments, but if we ever want to buy a later SMA, FS
forces us to pay for all previous SMAs which we did not buy prior to the
latest SMA.

Because of this outrageous policy, I was faced with having to pay for SMAs
between versions 3.7U and 5.10 which I could not use, since the versions of
JFW they covered were incompatible with the Windows Sticky Keys utility I
must use due to having only one hand.

Despite the fact that those versions of JFW were useless to me, FS would not
allow me to buy an SMA for version 5.10, until I paid for prior SMAs.

Bottom line is, we either pay for all SMAs, or we get no more upgrades.

Regards,

Alan

Chip wrote:
This is, in my opinion, in part to blame by folks who buy the SMA.
Paying for software upgrades before you've had a chance to review them
is almost inevitably going to lead to bad software being released, as it
matters little re the quality of the software since users have already
bought it.

Chip Orange