Response very slow

  • From: "morey Worthington" <blindwop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:49:05 -0500

Morning all,
Using Jaws 5.00844 and Win98/SE.
I have a 128 memory, keep the Win/temp folders cleaned out, have 6.0 of free
space on a 8.0 GB hard drive. The only program running in the background is
Norton Virus.
I open My Documents and I can count to about 8, before the folder opens.
When I click on a file It takes about the same amount of time to open the
file. I am counting at a moderate speed.
Any suggestions on how to get Jaws to get its rear in gear and respond at a
quicker rate?
Thanks,
Morey