Reporting my Jaws 8 problems to FS(was Re: JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:44:02 -0700

Yesterday, I sent Tracy Jackson what I've been putting off getting together,
hoping with teach update that things would be sorted, while they only got
worse except for that one problem with the alt tab transition from
application to application speeding up to normal again with one update. An
issue they said they'd never heard of when I reported it soon after first
installing the version. In January, that was, not November. Interesting. But
not to complain.

anyway, I finally bit the bullet and methodically ran through the situations
in OE, IE 6, Notepad and Word that were problematic (nearly catastrophic, in
some cases) with Jaws 8, documenting the results, then doing the very same
thing again in Jaws 8 but running it from the Run dialogue command line in
default mode, for comparison. (a couple of problems went away, but others
didn't). The result was an 8-page Word document that I copied and pasted
into my email reply to Tracy.

I'll be interested to see what sort of response I eventually get. Talk about
a good faith effort (patting exhausted self on head).