Re: Removing information between conversations permanently

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:41:09 -0800

Now, Adrian, you know the people who like to use political and religious
email signatures very intentionally *want* to display those things to a
large audience, as is possible on a mailing list. I'm completely sympathetic
with what you're saying, but the people who use that stuff are doing it in
the spirit that automobile drivers with political axes to grind or religious
dogma to promulgate apply bumper stickers to their cars. It's precisely
because they want you to see the messages. They aren't saving these
signatures for the email they send to their personal friends and relatives.

But you knew that, of course. Maybe there's some really intelligent version
of programs like email stripper that can discriminate between message text,
headers, and email signatures, and winnow out everything but the messages,
seperated by a few dashes and introduced by the name of the sender? Fat
chance.
 and headeristinguish
ighted ----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Bachelder" <bachelder3@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Yardbird,

I completely agree with you about wanting to keep the responses beneath the
current message. But I would like to get rid of everything in between each
message, so it would appear as if there were two people in one room having a
conversation. Like I said, I don't even know if it is even possible. I'm
hoping it is, and that someone can provide me the information on how to do
this.

Roger Bachelder

11:04 AM