RE: Removing Comments in Word

  • From: Chip Orange <COrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw+AEA-freelists.org'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:28:07 -0500

It seems you could mean either the comment which is a document property
and applies to the document as a whole, or perhaps you mean Word's
markup feature called comments, which can be inserted all through-out a
document.

Choose file +AHw- properties once you have the document displayed to get to
its properties, and you should be able to find the document's comment
and blank it out.

As for comments throughout a Word document, perhaps the easiest way is
to download the new free +ACI-remove hidden tool+ACI- from MS which runs on MS
Word 2002 and 2003.  It removes all types of meta-data including markup
comments.

If you're interested in removing only comments, but not any other type
of meta-data, try using the +ACI-reject change/delete comment+ACI- button on
the
markup toolbar.  If you want to do this to all comments at once, I think
you would select all first.  Be aware that this will probably not remove
any comments in headers/footers, as they are uneffected by select all.

hth,

Chip

+AD4- -----Original Message-----
+AD4- From: Quanin +AFs-mailto:quanin+AEA-sympatico.ca
+ADw-mailto:quanin+AEA-sympatico.ca+AD4- +AF0-
+AD4- Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 4:04 PM
+AD4- To: jfw+AEA-freelists.org
+AD4- Subject: Re: Removing Comments in Word
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- I believe, though I'm not sure how accurate my information
+AD4- is, jfwlite.com
+AD4- has one or two programs that allow you to add and/or remove
+AD4- comments from
+AD4- files. Or, if you'd rather not download anything, the comment
+AD4- if any should
+AD4- show up when you enter the file's properties dialogue box,
+AD4- usually done by
+AD4- hitting alt+-enter from within the file. I hope this helps.
+AD4-
+AD4- James
+AD4-
+AD4- At 02:48 PM 06/03/2004 -0600, you wrote:
+AD4- +AD4-Hi. I'm just changing the subject line here, since +ACI-no
+AD4- comment+ACI-, while
+AD4- +AD4-cute, really doesn't tell us what the message is about.
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-Bruce
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4---
+AD4- +AD4-Bruce Toews
+AD4- +AD4-E-Mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: coke+AF8-drinker+AEA-ogts.net
+AD4- +AD4-Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries):
+AD4- http://www.ogts.net +ADw-http://www.ogts.net+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-For the best oldies anywhere go to
+AD4- http://www.treasureislandoldies.com
+ADw-http://www.treasureislandoldies.com+AD4-

+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Jim Talley wrote:
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- Hi Listers, can anyone of you tell me how to remove a
+AD4- comment from a
+AD4- +AD4- word document? I am using jaws 5.0 with Win XP pro
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- THE SORCERERS APPRENTICE
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- --
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- To post a message to the list, send it to
jfw+AEA-freelists.org
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
+AD4- +AD4- jfw-request+AEA-freelists.org with the word unsubscribe in the
+AD4- subject line.
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4- If you have any concerns about the list, post received
+AD4- from the list,
+AD4- +AD4- or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
+AD4- list. Rather
+AD4- +AD4- contact the list owner at jfw-admins+AEA-freelists.org.
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4---
+AD4- +AD4-To post a message to the list, send it to jfw+AEA-freelists.org
+AD4- +AD4-To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
+AD4- +AD4-jfw-request+AEA-freelists.org with the word unsubscribe in the
+AD4- subject line.
+AD4- +AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-If you have any concerns about the list, post received from
+AD4- the list, or
+AD4- +AD4-the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather
+AD4- +AD4-contact the list owner at jfw-admins+AEA-freelists.org.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- --
+AD4- To post a message to the list, send it to jfw+AEA-freelists.org
+AD4- To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to
+AD4- jfw-request+AEA-freelists.org with the word unsubscribe in the
+AD4- subject line.
+AD4-
+AD4- If you have any concerns about the list, post received from
+AD4- the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them
+AD4- to the list. Rather contact the list owner at
+AD4- jfw-admins+AEA-freelists.org.
+AD4-